Thursday, September 24, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Mrs Beckinsale

Mrs Beckinsale is one of the Northside Makers and she will her wonderful vintage-inspired travel wares for sale at our October Market.

Tell us about what you sell ...
W Class Cushions and accessories for the discerning public transport user. Myki pouches, magazine covers, diaries, fabric postcards and whatever else I feel like making.

W Class Cushions


What inspires you?
I'm inspired by Melbourne icons like trams and old buildings, old school tattoo images and costume dramas.

What's your favourite medium to work in?
I'm pretty much limited to textiles. I can't draw, sculpt, paint, woodwork, silversmith or throw a pot. But I've used only thirty years of my life so far, so there's still heaps of time to expand my repertoire.

Photobucket


What would you be lost without ....
My Melways. A ha ha. No, Easyfix. It's my preferred brand of Vliesofix equivalent.

What's your fave crafty read
John Peacock's Fashion Sourcebooks series.


What do you like to listen to when you craft?
If I'm lucky, the sound of silence while Little Jack has his nap.

What crafty forums do you lurk in ....
I haven't been a forum user for a few years now. It's hard enough keeping up with my huge blog reading list.

trash jacket


Whats up next for you on the craft front?
A few more diary designs for 2010 and some very special new cushions.

Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects),what are they?
A pile of W Class Cushions for custom orders, my new cushion prototype and a cocktail dress for my sister.

Photobucket


Where else can people shop for your goodies?

1 comment:

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.