Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Little Ray

It's time to find out more about crafter Little Ray!

Tell us about what you sell ...
Handmade baby and children’s clothing and accessories (hair clips/ties and booties) - generally from 3 months to 4 years. I mainly focus on girls dresses but am currently broadening my range to include little boys clothing and tops/skirts etc.



What inspires you?
The wide range of gorgeous fabrics and seeing my niece in my wares

What's your favorite medium to work in?
Fabric.


What would you be lost without ....
My sewing machine

What's your fave crafty read?
I like reading mixtapezine and all of the articles etc on Etsy. I also really enjoyed the Meet Me At Mike’s book.

What do you like to listen to when you craft?
I normally don’t listen to much when I’m sewing – sometimes I’ll just put my ipod on and listen to a random selection of music.

What crafty forums do you lurk in ...
I don’t really have time for forums at the moment, although I do read the odd blog.

What's up next for you on the craft front?
I hope to broaden my range of clothing and accessories and start doing some more markets. I also should venture into the blog world!

Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects), what are they?
I only really have a couple of UFO’s, basically because I’ve had to move onto other things. I did cut out and prepare some stuffed owl toys which have never made it off the sewing table.

Where else can people shop for your goodies?
I have an etsy shop www.littleray.etsy.com
and a madeit shop – www.madeit.com.au/littleray

1 comment:

  1. So pleased and thrilled to see that Rachel has joined the Northside Makers team.

    Jen in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.