Monday, September 21, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Tinniegirl

We are all getting excited about the first of our markets on Saturday the 10th of October, only a few places left so please email in your applications if they are still kicking around!

Today's crafter is Tinniegirl, a Melbourne craft legend! She produces the most amazing original pieces of artwork and is famous for her tinnies, filled with crafty goodness.

Tell us about what you sell ... Tinniegirl
I sell original collages that incorporate paint, paper, felt, fabrics and embroidery.



What inspires you?
I'm really inspired by nature, and especially birds. I think underlying that are ideas about freedom and flight that I often feel manifest themselves in nature.

What's your favorite medium to work in?
I think I would have to say paint. Almost everything I do involves painting. I have become quite enamored by embroidery and stitching lately and this seems to be showing up in my work a lot more.

What would you be lost without .... Gel Medium, my partner and our cats, and creative friends



What's your favourite crafty read I love craft magazines and particularly some of the publications out of the US. Cloth Paper Scissors and Artful Blogging are my two favourites.

What do you like to listen to when you craft? I often listen to Craftcast podcasts when I'm crafting.

What crafty forums do you lurk in .... I haven't discovered any forums, which is probably a good thing given how much time I already spend on the computer!

Whats up next for you on the craft front? I ponder that question pretty much on a daily basis. I'm not sure where I want to take my art next. I want to make sure that I give myself plenty of room to explore mediums and ideas, and to enjoy the journey of being/becoming an artist. I definitely want to keep selling my work and I'd also like to try and exhibit work next year. I'm also interested in teaching workshops and encouraging other people to explore their creativity and different techniques.

Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects),what are they? I've got a few, not too many I'm pleased to say. I don't like to have too much unfinished business lying around. I've got a beautiful hand-pieced patchwork quilt that I started about 3 years ago that needs to be finished and a handful of collages that are in progress, and I think that's about it. Well OK, there's a couple of others but I'll let those sleeping dogs lie!



Where else can people shop for your goodies? My Etsy store is closed at the moment but it should be back up and running in the next few weeks (fingers crossed) - www.tinniegirl.etsy.com
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. I love Tinniegirls work and I have some absolutely beautiful pieces just awaiting to be artfully hung on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart TinnieGirl. I look forward to seeing her craft at the debut Northside Makers Market.

    Jen in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.