Thursday, October 1, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Found n Bound

We are very excited to have Found n Bound as one of our crafty stall holders on the 10th of October ...

Tell us about what you sell ...

I recycle old, vintage hardcover books and make them into writing journals. The old covers are so beautiful and I retain all the goodies you find in a book (library cards, award plates, illustrations and even children’s scribbles)



What inspires you?

I’m inspired by the need to be kinder to the planet and work with materials that already exist. I’m also inspired by the nostalgia and creativeness that goes into making or buying something handmade.



What's your favorite medium to work in?
It would have to be paper for sure with fabric coming in a close second.

What would you be lost without ....
My bookshelves



What's your favouritecrafty read?


I’m a big Mary Englebreit fan who is a beautiful & whimsical illustrator in the US and produced the Home Companion magazine. It has just recently ceased publication (US recession has hit the mag market) but you can find her on-line.

I also love popping into visit craftcitymelbourne as it’s a good spot to find some quirky things around Melbourne.

What do you like to listen to when you craft?

It has become almost a ritual that Michael Buble croons me through my working hours.



What crafty forums do you lurk in ....
There are so many wonderful places to lurk and I wish I could spend all my time reading but then I’d never get doing! I peek into craft gossip forums.

Whats up next for you on the craft front?
I would love to learn about screen printing and I’m looking for inspiration (and time) to reuse the beautiful old illustrations from children’s books. Oh – and I’m definitely going to try a macramé wall hanging (I knew I should have kept my old ones)



Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects),what are they?

I had an ambitious idea to get all family & friends to create their own quilt block with words of wisdom or illustrations. Well, that was 10 years ago and I’ve not put the quilt together as I got distracted by making my sister a quilt for her wedding. I will do it one day, but the pieces are still beautiful just as they are.



Where else can people shop for your goodies?

Markets:
Williamstown, Mornington, Red Hill

On line at:
Found n Bound Etsy
Found n Bound Madeit.com

In the shops of:
Fannyz, 174 Chapel Street
The Cool Room, 133 Carlisle St, St Kilda
The Local Shop, 262 High Street, Northcote
Rusty Spade, Canowindra, NSW
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to shop at this stall. I just can't have enough journals lying around. (: Love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer - I treasure my journal that made it's way to Canada & would love to stop by your stall & see what's new. Keep up the good work (& good luck with the quilt)

    ReplyDelete

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.