Friday, October 2, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Melbourne Epicure

Why do craft markets have food stalls ... to keep the crafters fed and happy of course! When we started to plan this market, the first thing people asked was "will you have cupcakes there ..."

Tell us about what you sell ...

A variety of baked goods, olive & herb bread, haloumi & herb bread, fruit muffins, gingerbread men, variety of cupcakes, sesame & nut bars and the occasional savoury delites as well.



What inspires you?
Food wise I love tastespotting for a variety of food blogs and of course recipes.
A lot of blogs inspire me as well with their wit, commitment and I LOVE great images on blogs.

What's your favourite medium to work in?
Photography has always been my true love though I would love to get back into printmaking.

What would you be lost without ....
oh my...my CAMERA!!!



What's your favourite crafty read
I love a good cookbook and have soo many, favourites are Apples for Jam
and anything Donna Hay



What do you like to listen to when you craft?
Some quiet at the moment.

What crafty forums do you lurk in ....
None at the moment but I love blog surfing around the world.

Whats up next for you on the craft front?
Like to go beyond baking and try a little sewing and patchwork

Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects),what are they?
There are a lot of things that I'd like to start on besides the baking but with my two little cheeky monkeys around all the time it's a little hard to get started at times.

Where else can people shop for your goodies?
We are at Bundoora Farmer's Market on the 1st Saturday of the month and The Garden's Market on the 2nd Saturday of the month from November till April, Made n Thornbury and of course Northside Makers Market.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. Great night last night girls, sooo excited about this new adventure after meeting some of your stallholders.
    By the way, I had one drink and geee was happy ALL night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Cathie! Lovely to read about you :-) Can't wait to see you again at the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Melbourne Epicure.

    Jen in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great night :)

    Great blog Cathie - your photographs are super professional :)

    ReplyDelete

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.