Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Kazzal Blue

Kazzal Blue make the most gorgeous knitted finger puppets you have ever seen ... come along and check them out!

Tell us about what you sell ...
Anything baby or children oriented. For example, baby booties, singlets and baby quilts, toys for small children such as finger puppets for pretend play. Amazing what a 3 year old comes up with when he has pirate finger puppets. Other soft toys also, and colouring wallets for 2 year olds plus, that hold everything you need for drawing.



What inspires you?
I love making things. I dont really know where it all comes from, a long line of talented parents and grandparents I think. Also I love the results, when an idea works out!

What's your favorite medium to work in?
I like fabric the best but I knit a lot too.



What would you be lost without ....
My cutting board, my stash of fabric which I love to look through for motivation and ideas. Probably my twin sister who I throw ideas at and who I share some of the sites with.



What's your favourite crafty read?
Have you seen Material Obsessions. A lovely quilt book put out by two Australian ladies who had a common interest. Gorgeous pictures and lovely to just look through over and over.

What do you like to listen to when you craft?
I love the peace and quiet, which is pretty tough to come by living in a house with 6 males, so I don’t listen to anything usually. If I do I love Bryan Adams spirit of the black stallion. Great instrumental music.



What crafty forums do you lurk in ....
Too many. DUST, Etsy, Madeit, I like seeing what everyone is up to and what the latest trends are.

Whats up next for you on the craft front?
I am going to try dying next I have decided.

Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects),what are they?
Far too many. Quilts I was making for my boys, one for my Dad also, Toys sitting on shelves waiting for bits, Bags that are unfinished. The list really is toooo long.

Where else can people shop for your goodies?
You can find me at www.kazzalblue.etsy.com I can also be contacted through my blog at http://kraftybiz.blogspot.com/ or you can leave me a message on my email at jandklove [at] netspace.net.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.