Sunday, October 4, 2009

Meet the Northside Crafters: Stitch in Time

'Stitch in Time' uses wonderful retro images to create contemporary items that everyone loves!

Tell us about what you sell ..
I sell greetings cards/ gift tags / bookmarks and notebooks- all things stationery. I also do a range of calico bags using the same images- culled from my extensive dress pattern collection and kitsch images from 50s & 60s romantic fiction.



What inspires you?
It's always great to see how people react to the dress patterns- it really brings back memories for lots of people, they wore the clothes or made them, you hear some fascinating stories. Also, I love the warped humour in the romantic fiction- the covers still make me laugh.

What's your favorite medium to work in?
I'm devoted to paper but very happy to explore anyones stationery cupboard. Haberdashery is also a weakness.

What would you be lost without ....
Double sided tape, superglue, my boyfriend's car and my Pfaff.

What's your favourite crafty read
Inside Out /World of Interiors and love love Selvedge ( I'm hoping someone will buy me a subscription for Xmas)


What do you like to listen to when you craft?
I like talking books or BBC Radio 4.

What crafty forums do you lurk in ....
None, barely have time to do this!

What's up next for you on the craft front?
Working four days a week instead of 5 which will make everything possible.

Do you have any UFO's (unfinished objects), what are they?
More interior stuff- it's still bit vague.



Where else can people shop for your goodies?
Work in progress- sign my email list for the latest market stall updates.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to read about Alison's business 'Stitch in Time'. I love your stationery, so cool. You need to start a blog, no pressure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison's work is wonderful and she has a wonderful aesthetic. It's good to see she's made it onto a blog even though it's not her own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your cards but didn't get a chance to buy all the much really alas!

    ReplyDelete

Northside Makers Collective loves to hear from its readers! So, come on, tell us what you're thinking.